Home > I Make Music > Musicians > Understanding my royalties
Understanding my royaltiesAccording to the Law 2121/1993, the performer-musician cannot collect individually his rights, but the collection and management of these (related) rights of recorded music are managed mandatorily by a single collective management organisation.
The non-profit organization for the collective management of Greek Musicians' rights, "APOLLON", is one of the founding members of the single joint non-profit music licensing organization for the collective management and collection of the related rights of Greek and foreign musicians, singers and producers, GEA.
APOLLON was founded and is administrated by musicians
APOLLON's responsibilities include:
• The management and protection of financial related right of the rightsholders-musicians.
• The collection and distribution of the related right as defined by Article 18 of Law 2121/1993.
• The distribution of the collected by GEA fees in accordance to article 49 of Law 2121/1993 to rightsholders-musicians.
To calculate the annual distribution fee of each musician the following factors are taken into account:
1. The number of times the registered repertoire of the producer-record label is referred on the submitted playlists by businesses.
Read more >2. The amount of the equitable remuneration fee in accordance to the submitted playlist by each business.
3. The number of rightholders-musicians who have participated in the same recordings.
If you are a musician and you have participated in recordings used in radio or television broadcasting programs, apply for registering to the organization APOLLON. Learn more at the official website of APOLLON: www.apollon.org.gr